Saturday, July 10, 2010

UT State MTB Championships - Solitude, UT

After getting back from WI, I was able to be home for a while and lucky for us, our great buddies from Santa Barbara had come into town. It was fun to get out on some great rides with them!

Eric tearing up Round Valley


Chris L, triathlete. We need to get her racing mtb!! She'd be awesome!


Brooks dad was riding so well. We were all very impressed since it was his 2nd time on a mtb.



And Kristin, a Boston Marathoner, enjoying some time on the bike.



But in no time flat it was down to biz-nass yet again with the Utah State Championship race coming up at Solitude Ski Resort.

I have always loved the riding at Solitude. I think one of the best things is buff, well cared for singletrack in a beautiful alpine setting. It is just amazing and the race should be super FUN.

The start of the Pro Women's UT Championship race

The race started great and I was feeling like myself again! What a awesome feeling that is!

We had the Slyfox cash zone there too.
By: Ryan Keating

That was a sight enough to put a smile on anyones face which is exactly what I was laughing at here.

I was feeling good enough to have my nose out front the entire race.......up until the last lap. At the start of the climb I was passed by Zephanie Blasi, a teammate from last season on the Kenda Tomac MTB Team and local Pocatello, ID ripper.

She had a burst of energy that I could not match despite my best efforts. I kept her in sight but that was not good enough to take the Utah State Championship win. 2nd place would have to do today.

By: Ryan Keating

Pro Women's podium.

Next up is the US MTB National Championships in Granby, CO.

No comments: