Saturday, November 17, 2007

USGPCX #3 - Trenton, NJ

Ouch, 17th place today. Power and tactics were huge today because the course was not technical at all. I got the first but am still learning and getting somewhat better with each race at the second.

I started 35th (ouch, again) and had a great and strong start getting up to 11th ish by the second or third turn and held on to it for a while until I got passed by a gal or two within the next few laps (dang darn it!!). At that point things split up bad and I found myself with a group of girls (14th - 17th) for the rest of the race creating a race within a race. Again, I tried to play my cards correctly and drafted, attacked tons and tried not to let others draft me too much but in the end the other 3 women were able to excel just a tiny bit better in the sand pit to get just enough of a gap to leave me in the dust and cross the line seconds in front of me.

I am not down on the way I felt, my power, my aggressiveness, my ability to suffer, my determination or my energy levels during the race but unfortunately the others had more of each of those today. But lord it was FUN!!! Maybe tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Nice riding! I jumped on for a ride to bonkville Saturday and am paying for it still. Apparently your supposed to eat breakfast before a cross race.
Have fun in Dirty Jersey!

KATHY SHERWIN said...

Too funny. Trust me, the learning NEVER ends in this sport.