Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunny Sunday

Today I headed out with Shannon and Jen from the Sugarhouse area and picked up Brian along the way to head out to the Legacy Parkway Bike Path towards Bountiful.

At first I had no idea what was going on (what else is new right) because as we all stood in Shannon and Jens driveway ready to leave we were all "mountained up", ready to hit the dirt....or so I thought. Little did I know, it was "road ride day on the mtb". Too funny. Not that it really mattered at all since I had to ride either way! The big tip off was Brian showing up on his road bike which was a great thing since he could put a good gap on us in sections and we would fight our hearts out to catch up. Perfect! It worked out beautifully and I got to see and ride more of the valley than I ever have.

Once we got North of Bountiful a bit, we turned around and headed back towards the capital and City Creek area. By then the sun was certainly out and the warmth was soaking in. Shannon then took us for an urban mtb ride through the University of Utah campus. He knew EVERY nook and cranny to go have fun on from balancing on curbs, to rolling over rock garden walls, to jumping sidewalks. That was fun. I finally got to put my 2.3 tires to use today.....well, a little!

No pictures of the ride today but as you can see from this picture of Heber Valley on the way home, things are melting!

No comments: