Tuesday, February 26, 2008

LT Test



Went in for an Lactate Test with Dr. Max Testa and crew. For those that don't know what in the sam dang heck I am talking about. Check it here.

The result?

I need to hang the bike up.

Kidding....I am right on target.

Max thinks I should get into more road racing.
Guess I have the make up of something good there so he says. Hmmmm?? I will have to think about that one. Actually not really because I love all two wheeled things so there is not much to think about.

Oh yeah and I learned some Italian while I was there which isn't that cool because I was there for almost 4 hours and if I hadn't learned some, it would have been an eyebrow raiser for sure.

I would almost have to say that the hardest part of the test was saying what your level of effort is at each wattage point. You are given a sheet with the #'s 1-10 on it to describe the degree of pain you are feeling....oh I mean the degree of fatigue and difficulty you are feeling with the various increases in the wattages.

That was hard to do because you make it a habit of telling yourself you feel great, you are light as a feather, etc all the time - all that mind game stuff. So to actually lay it on the line and tell them what you are feeling is hard! You kind of have to wipe away that first layer and really feel it and THEN let em' know you feel like dieing. :)

1 comment:

drrna said...

Max is right about the road thing, it will make you faster on the dirt.