Wednesday, September 24, 2008

There and Gone

Sunday after the race: get back to the parents, eat, pack, stretch, disassemble bikes, sleep.....well not really.....I woke up at 4 am and booked my flight to Vegas for Tuesday of this week. I was going to drive but at 4am for some reason I decided I didn't want to deal with that and booked it.

Monday morning: catch an early shuttle that went all over tim buck 2 before ever getting to the airport, catch flight home to Utah, be bummed that I am so worked over that I can't even begin to THINK about riding, open and laugh at the mail (see below), do laundry, unpack a bit, reorganize, throw things in my bag that I forgot to bring to WA and then finally...........sleep.

Yep this mail is addressed to the "Fast and the Flatulant" - Chris's 24 Hours of Moab Team


Tuesday morning: wake up at the crack, go to the airport, fly to Vegas, pick up rental car, navigate our way to the hotel, check in, unpack, go to Trader Joes and then hit the hay.

Wednesday: wake up, build bikes and thank god I finally have time to STOP, SIT and not move an inch while planning my trip to WI on Thursday. Well, I got to not move an inch until 4pm that is when we had to head to the Cross Vegas Venue for a 7:30pm start.

Life is good.........just a bit hectic at the moment which is ok by me!

No comments: