Thursday, July 16, 2009

Progress

I must say that I am certainly enjoying the later half of the summer being in one piece for the first time in 2 years. This last Sunday was the day I broke my hand one year ago while racing in Windham, NY. That day was the end of my mtb season and the start of being miserable not racing. Two years ago at the Mont Sainte Anne World Cup in Quebec I dislocated a crazy amount of ribs making a pass on a downhill section with a drop in it. Wished I had known that the drop was 2 feet deeper on the side I took! Well....now I do. That day was pretty much the end of getting good results because high end breathing was DONE although I could still "race". Both of those injuries took a long time in healing up....well into cross season in fact.

So here is to a safe and sound rest of the summer for us all!!!!

On Tuesday Chris was able to take his first baby steps on his ankle. To see him without crutches now seems weird. He still has a ways to go with therapy and another surgery here in a few weeks but he is doing well. The ankle is pretty unstable and he gets around now like a slow older person but he is doing it!! He is coming to the realization that the doctor is pretty correct in saying that he won't be kite boarding until November. I think in April if he had known that it was going to be November, he would have been destroyed.

In the meantime though, he can fly this kite : )


Ok, off to Granby, CO right now. US Nats!!!

No comments: