Friday, October 23, 2009

Overwhelmed


View from our house as I do everything I need to do right now. At least it is a pleasant one!

So at this point I am feeling completely overwhelmed with how much my brother and I have to do. I am in charge of planning moms Celebration of Life that is on Nov. 14th which is like planning a wedding minus the invitations - the obit served as those.

Don't get me wrong, I want to do this for her, but throwing this together in a few months time is a lot. But that is only because I want to do it right. I want her celebrated in the best way with a power point (which I need to learn how to do) of pictures of her displayed from childhood onward, her awards and other things organized and there at the party, the things that she loved (favorite books, favorite poems) there too, etc. This has all meant that I have had to go through everything at a rapid pace and reproduce it somehow whether by scanning, copying or just writing it again on my computer.

I have learned more about my mom by going through everything and really I am loving it. It has been a really good process to go through and it hasn't been difficult. In fact, more times than not, it has put a smile on my face.

I am celebrating her life the way I would like for me one day. She deserves to have all her accomplishments out for everyone to see. She was an amazing women!

But that said, the 14th is turning into a big all day event to include a burial service because moms marker (as they call it) for her grave site MAY be in by then, then having the party itself and after that maybe going out to eat with all the family......all things that need coordination. And if it were only that simple, life would be good right? Gotta figure in wheelchair access, appropriate places to go, timing, who, what, when, where, blah blah blah.

No really, it is all good, I am just up to my eyeballs right now and my mom is very worth it. She gave me everything she had and now I am going to do the exact same for her no matter how much it takes. It is the least I can do for her to see her out of this world in the best way possible.

So the party is only one portion of it right now too because my brother and I are also in the middle of attorney hell, guardianship junk, car insurance that is expiring and all the rest to include taxes that need to be filed for 09. Mom got an extension but we know what happened there......

Everyone keeps asking if the dust is settling but quite frankly, the longer she has been gone, the more we find out and really, the dust is stirring!

It will all be fine I know. Just will take some time as we muddle through everything.

No comments: