Saturday, August 25, 2007

Worlds Collide CX Race - Heber City, UT

Today was a "jie-normous" day for us. We started the morning with Chris racing the Mens B category at the first local Cyclocross race of the season here in Heber City. It was just a 6 minute ride from the house. Gotta love it!!
I spectated the event which I was weird but fine. I am NOT used to going to a race and not racing, but it wasn't bad to watch others suffer for once. :)
The B Men gather for the start of their race:














Chris heading over the barriers:














Chris on his way to an 8th place finish:













They sent everyone through the stables:















After the race I was happy to be able to help clean up the tape, poles, cones and signs that were put up for the race. There are not many opportunities for me to do that kind of stuff since when I am at a race I am usually racing and therefore need to warm up, warm down and get recovered so that I can have a good training day the next day. So it was nice to pitch in for once like that today!

Then we were off to a BBQ for all the racers. And on the way in we spotted this masterpiece......check it out. I believe that bike rack is made to carry FOUR bikes:














But you will notice Steve in the picture telling us how many he got on there:
After this...........yes there is more......we cleaned our house for the first time in heaven knows how long, did some yard work, then had a mini semi impromptu gathering ourselves. Talk about doing too much!

No comments: