Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yes. BLUE Again.

They say you create your own luck. Well, this IS luck at its finest in the Northwest! I had nothing to do with the weather.


And there is that mountain they call Rainier again looming in the distance. A bit covered by a haze today. It is so big it keeps popping up everywhere!


I obviously just can't get enough of this place when it is beautiful out like it has been. It is just amazing.

Tons of Trees....




Fishing boats.........




Islands...........


The Cascade Mountains...........


And then there is this part of the sidewalk..........




That part of the sidewalk has been bugging me since Monday. That is quite the angle of a turn and it has been beating me every time. I roll through it and I end up throwing my brakes on and slowing down to about 5mph. I think the manhole cover was throwing me off on my skinnys. Well at least that is the excuse I will use for being such a dang wuss!

That bothered me because one should be able to go through that with no problem especially when one is a Pro racer. Grrrrrr!!!!!

So I have been working on it all week. Yes, all week. You do what you have to you know? :)

But the good news is that today I got my mind around it and the body followed. Oh ya.....that is what I am talking about! So then I got really confident and went back and tried it again taking note of my speed.

17mph, no brakes. Not even a feather.

Now please realize that this is something I am sure most can do no prob, and they can probably go A TON faster than that but it was just the whole concept of conquering that small barrier.

Tomorrow 17 + is the goal now that I have a measure. Gotta make life/training fun right!!

2 comments:

jsager said...

the weather has been amazing, eh?

KATHY SHERWIN said...

Absolutely, positively, unbelievably, down right AMAZING!!!!!