Monday, February 4, 2008

It Didn't Work

We wished and wished the buckets of rain away but woke up to it pouring outside anyway. Oh well, we tried. Bob's face says it all:


So we hopped in the car and drove back to Provo where my car was parked only to find out that Provo Canyon was closed cuz of major snow fall throughout the day (20 inches plus or somethinhg like that??).

But the sign said the canyon was opening in five minutes so I waited with a bunch of other sorry folks for an hour or so.

I finally called it quits when I saw a guy who talked to the patrol (who were diverting people at the mouth of the canyon), speed away at 70 mph to go around the other way. That was my sign that the canyon was just simply NOT going to open......which it didn't until this morning at 7:45am.

I ended up going around and up through SLC. 1.5 hours vs 30 minutes home. Snowy drive up through Parley's Canyon too but I made it finally by 7:30pm.

And then poor Chris who had an epic ski day was greeted by a very grumpy girl. All I could muster up as a response was GRRRRRRRRR. :)

No comments: