Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Glove Engineer




Well not really. It was merely an attempt at a very quick fix until the nice weather rolls around one of these years.

This last weekend was sure kah kah kah cold out! With highs in low 40's I had to do what I didn't want to do - cut up a glove for my little fingers that are sticking out of my cast. They could handle the 50's + in Santa Barbara without a glove, but 40 ish weather was asking way too much. Luckily I for some reason kept all the gloves over the years that I didn't have matches to for one explanation or another. I knew they'd come in handy one day! And they did.

I had a lefty glove calling out my name asking me to put it to work again instead of collecting dust. I granted its wish and cut it up (which probably wasn't part of ITS plan), then taped er up and off I went. It worked pretty well too; my fingers were happy. And my thumb even got a little thumb cap that kept it happy.

What was not too happy this weekend was the Jordanelle Reservoir that is usually inundated with water skiers, boaters, jet skiers and all the rest over Memorial Day Weekend. Instead there was a whole lotta no one out there.

Usually we have killer hot weather right now but instead we have this (note the snow capped mountains in the background):

So it's like training in Scotland right now if I had to compare it to anything because it's so beautiful, so massively green, so very rainy and so stinking WET!! Fenders in May anyone?

1 comment:

Utah Mnt biker said...

Is there anything Duct Tape can't do?