Monday, March 16, 2009

2009 MTB Team

For those of you who do not know I am happy to announce that I will be part of the 2009 Kenda - Tomac - Hayes MTB Team for this season!

This year we will have 7 riders. 5 Pro women (Zephanie Blasi, Danielle Musto, Heather Holmes, Amanda Carey, and myself) and 2 Pro Men (Colin Cares and Andy Schultz).

The team has already seen some great wins this season by Amanda who won the first Intermountain Cup XC race and by Andy who won the 4 person open category at the 24 Hours of Old Pueblo. Andy has also already crawled up onto the podium taking 3rd at the first Kenda Cup West race! Danielle is on fire too and already has numerous podium appearances at her LONG endurance events (6 hours in the saddle at times!!!).

Everyone is off to a great start and I couldn't be happier to have all these guys and gals as my new teammates. And, in a way its almost "home" for me again since this team is what has sprung from the old Ford Cycling Team that I was on years ago.

As for what we are riding this year, that'd be Tomac bikes! Tomac, you may ask? Awe come on, you remember the legendary John Tomac don't you? I had a poster of him in my place of work at Deer Valley at one time!! Who ever thought I'd be racing his bikes for him in 2009? Wow, dreams really do come true. As for the bikes, here is hardtail we will be using. Mine is here and is being built up as I write! Our softtail is looking mighty fine as well and cannot wait to get my dirty paws on that one too.

As for all the other ever important sponsors of the Kenda - Tomac - Hayes Team, I think that my neighborhood may be convinced that I am trying to save the world from its economic demise all by myself because my new sponsors have been busy shipping stuff left and right. Every day there is a new surprise box. Gotta love it!

And you gotta love the fact that these companies are still sponsoring teams and people this season. That is true dedication to the sport. So with that in mind, if you can, next time you need tires, sunglasses, nutritional items, and/or anything else you may need to ride, try to remember those companies that have decided to still throw cash around at the sport. Those companies need some serious pats on the back and they deserve as much support as possible from us all.

The official press release for our team can be found here with all the sponsor links included.

Team Bios can be found here.

And the team website can be found here.

No comments: