Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey Day - Port St. Lucie, FL

This whole week in Florida has been great. It is pretty crazy training too. Kind of like you are in a jungle or something with all the squeaky and squawky birds and whatever else is out there making noise. Quite different than riding through cow pies like in Utah and I like it! Only thing that I don't like is the amount of geckos that I have squashed with my tires so far. Poor little guys.

When not riding I have been hanging out a lot in this area of the house. Every house has a screened in porch like this to keep the mosquito's at bay. When not riding I have been deep in decompression mode, that is for sure. Life has been so crazy for me lately and to just not be dealing with that all right now has been so nice. I think removing myself completely from the situation I had going on at home has been good for me in a lot of ways.

These two HUGE (at least 4' tall Blue Heron) hung out in the yard by our place. Pretty neat.

Also been getting a chance to train right on the ocean. On A1A to be exact. They have a sweet bike lane that just goes and goes and goes endlessly for miles and miles. And yes, you guessed it, it is straight and flat as a pancake. Made for some good but super painful intervals. Painful for 2 reasons: one can go way harder at sea level and the scenery and road is pretty much the same the whole way not giving you much to think about, do or navigate while in the pain cave.

On that note, there were actually these 3 houses to check out as I went by. So colorful and cool! Right on the ocean too, wow.

"Rubbish" hugh? Not everyday you see a sign that has that on it.


Chris has been getting his fair share of kiteboarding in although he has turned into what I call the "windwatcher". All he does is study the wind on the computer and then goes to chase it. But that is what he wants to do so I let him do it but it equals LOTS of driving.



After training in the pain cave then having Thanksgiving dinner with some of Utah's famous GREEN JELLO....
..... it was off to Miami and then the Keys because...yep you guessed it...that is where the wind is supposed to be for the weekend.

No comments: