Thursday, June 21, 2007

Were Heeeeere

After 5 hours of sleep, we got up at 6am (which may I remind you was 4am Utah time.......about 5 hours BEFORE I normally get up...ugh). Kathy need sleepy. With "Sara the leadfoot" driving (bike racers are all the same) we made it to Monte Sainte Anne Quebec in 6.5 hours from Boston. Not bad I must say. In Sara style she made herself right at home and pulled right up to the hotel room door so we could unload. She said she is DONE lugging everything around after being in Europe. Guess she wasn't kidding.

Once unloaded we got out on the course and I had what I found out to be a false sense of security about my tires and went "over the bars and through the woods" on the very first techinical DH. Right when my tire sneaked over that slimy rock I knew I was done in for. I bounced off a few rocks and even laughed as it happened because it was so dum. I am ok mom, don't you worry!

Oh ya and you've got to just love what styles from around the globe these World Cups bring. Did I say STYLE?

1 comment:

StupidBike said...

Brown Skinsuit, HOT