Monday, September 10, 2007

Day Uno of Training

Training day #1 went super well.....yoga, weights, running and cycling. Whew, that sure was a change from sitting on my arse every day this last month. But I felt SO GOOD on the bike. I have to say I almost felt better today than I did in the latter half of my season. Probably for obvious reasons too -the ribs are better and I am sleeping now!!

The trail running was kind of eerie though I must say. It is really just that I am such a chicken is all. I have never trail ran before. I have run, just not on trails. And good lord when you are out there on the trails you can hear dang near everything....the lizards scurrying away, the cracks of fallen timber being stepped on by moose or deer, all the flies ripping past your face, all the bees buzzing, rabbits making a break for it. It all scared the bah-Jesus out of me too and it was something to get used to as I started to peak over my shoulder hoping to not see a bear or bobcat or something. I mean really.... I am not used to hearing anything while riding except my own breathing and now I have to hear all this craziness they call the wilderness. Yikes! Then I start thinking geez, its not like I can just pedal away quickly if I saw something dangerous because I am on foot! As you can see, my imagination was hard at work.

After this I had the luxury of heading unexpectedly to the doctors office with an infection that has been brewing for days. I have a cyst that formed right under my heart rate monitor strap that went from a pea size (in May) to a dime size (in Aug) and finally letting me have it this last week by becoming red, swollen and painful. Time to have er checked out for the 2nd time and pronto....

They cut it open, stuffed it with gauze and sent me home with an open wound (they covered it well) along with Rx's for some lovely antibiotics and pain meds (which I cannot STAND!!!!!). Not looking forward to taking the meds but I guess I have to. Yuck. Off to la la land I guess.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lions, tigers, and bears, oh my! It is spooky when you're alone in the woods.