Monday, May 19, 2008

Hill Repeat



Holy moly. I am actually sore right now from all the climbing I have been doing around here in the Santa Barbara area this last weekend. Do you know just how long its been since I got sore from a bike ride? I mean really.......its been YEARS. YEARS!!!!! Yesterday I went on the same 4000 plus elevation gain route that I did on Saturday and it was just as great the second time around.

I started cruising on the flats as a warm up near the ocean.


And then made my way up and over the hills again in the searing hot weather.


These huge rocks sit randomly on the side of the road and appear out of know where as you are climbing up on the two way road (that looks more like a dang bike path to me)! People are making good use of the the rocks too practicing their rock climbing on them.


Some foliage on the way up that sticks out like a sore thumb in this area.

It is going to be hard to leave this place and head back home although it will be nice to get back for sure! But Eric and Kristin have been awesome hosts especially considering all the drama I have brought into the house.......broken body parts, food poisoning. Plus how nice is it that I can roll right out their front door and head straight up for 3000 plus feet of climbing or just hit a flat bike path next to the ocean for recovery if I want? Wow. This has been the life - broken thumb and all!

1 comment:

Genericyclist said...

Well....it is good to see that you have been taking it easy enough to at leat let that thing heal. This whole event is nothing more than a sppedbump kid, definitely not a road block. In three weeks time you will be crushing it and this whole thing be but a bad dream. If nothing else at least you two have had some QT to recharge for the big push at the end of the season.